Hewwo! Hope ur day is goin’ well!
Saw u needed drabble requests so here I am: the moment the demon slayer characters’ realize they’re in love with the reader
WHEN THE DEMON SLAYERS (HASHIRAS + KAMABOKO SQUAD) REALIZE THEY'VE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH YOU (1.5k)
→ Fluff slight angst in Shinobu's | a/n: hello crow! I've been doing well, thank you for sending this! 14 characters are involved in this post so, hope you'll like it <3
→ Warnings; possible canon typical violence? Minor to mild manga spoilers in Shinobu's headcanon (nothing major though)
• TANJIRO realizes he's fallen for you when you save Nezuko from another demon. You aren't acquainted that much with her, yet, you went out of your own way, risking your own life just to spare her from some mild injuries she could have perfectly healed within a few milliseconds. You didn't even hesitate either; you dived right in, shielding his sister from blows with your blade, summoning a special form of your breathing style. Why? That's just how you are — a caring, protective, and understanding person, and that's precisely why Tanjiro fell for you harder that day.
• ZENITSU realizes he's fallen for you when you stay despite his constant wailings. He knows all too well every day, at least once, he'll hysterically sob about something — anything — but you? You thoroughly endure it AND assist him in winding down. The only ones currently capable of doing so while withstanding their annoyance and frustration are you and Tanjiro, which is thus rare but makes it twice more important. In the end, Zenitsu can't help but fall in love with you because of how patient, helpful, and loving you are.
• INOSUKE realizes he's fallen for you when you play along to his “god of the mountains” game. Many find that ridiculous or dumb (e.g. tengen or giyu), but you respect AND intensify his enthusiasm. My lord, you'd say, a playful grin hanging onto your lips, I believe you have been called to get rid of this demon. He'd laugh loudly and proudly, smirking under his boar mask as he charged toward the creature, my minion! Great job on letting the grand Inosuke-sama deal with this! You're playful and spontaneous, but still collected, and Insouke loves you for it.
• GENYA realizes he's fallen for you when you don't judge him regardless of how he's chosen to eradicate demons. The sole option to protect his brother as he wanted was to become a demon himself. He wasn't fond of it at all, and nor was he fond of the look of disgust his transformation earned him; he just didn't have a choice. However, you offered him your consideration and compassion, caring very little about what other people thought of him, indicating you accepted him wholly. You're compassionate, attentive, and kind-hearted — you're perfect for Genya.
• KANAO realizes she's fallen for you when you push her out of her comfort zone. Quite contradictorily enough, she's grateful you do so because how else would her heart make decisions if you don't guide her first? Emotions and listening to her soul are still something very new to her, so by coaxing her into gradually trying out new things, she slowly but surely discovers many things, including what she likes and dislikes; Kanao's now found out she likes and wants you, who's such a friendly, supportive, and thoughtful person.
• SANEMI realizes he's fallen for you when you stop him from self-harming during battles. I'll injure myself. It's not like anyone's gonna care anyway, is what he used to tell himself when he'd encounter demons after losing every last loved one of his — yet, one day, to his biggest surprise, you had scolded him: what the hell were you thinking? Your marechi blood isn't your only asset; you know that better than anyone else, so don't even think of cutting yourself again. Even in a world infected with demons, you stayed strong, rational, and affectionate. Sanemi can't help but admire and love you for it.
• GYOMEI realizes he's fallen for you when you treat him normally. The blind hashira, the strongest member of the demon slayer corps, the man whose training is hell... He had had enough of that special attention; it didn't help he was a very humble person. Nevertheless, when you came into his life, you still addressed him with respect, but you didn't go as far as others would. I am but a mere human being, I am not deserving of such manners, he'd voice. You deserve such manners, maybe just not that emphasized, I believe that's what you wish? you'd add. He would smile lightly, saying, yes. Gyomei thanks Buddha Amitabah for having you, a selfless, reflective, and well-intended person.
• MUICHIRO realizes he's fallen for you when he never forgets you. Your face, your name, and your presence are all engraved in his memory (which is rare for him) — that's how he becomes aware of the importance you hold in his heart. After all, if you meant nothing, why would his heart register you as a priority? Starting from that moment, he just knows he loves you, no matter what his mind or anyone else says. And while Muichiro's occupation is dangerous, the mere thought of the intelligent, caring, and creative person you are keeps him going as he slays demons repeatedly, continuing for the sole motive of keeping others safe, but mostly you.
• MITSURI realizes she's fallen for you when you wait for her during meals. She perfectly knows she'll take way more time than ordinary people to finish her food, but she wasn't expecting you to stay with her until the end, at least at the beginning of your relationship. Most people (aside from Obanai Iguro) don't bother offering her some of their time, but you do. The only rare occurrences where you must leave before are if you ought to attend an appointment/meeting — elsewise, you don't. It means the absolute world to her because she knows she's not alone and that you welcome and adore her the way she is. Mitsuri couldn't have wished for someone more loving, generous, and determined than you.
• OBANAI realizes he's fallen for you when you strived to get to know how he really was. Despite his cold and distant demeanor, you didn't stop. Despite his introverted and reserved nature, you kept trying. And you succeeded. You reached the essence of his soul, the heart-wrenching story hidden behind his self-isolation, and what fueled his rage and self-loath. But why? Because you cared and because you wanted to get to know him, intrigued to discover how others were and why. That attention had Obanai weak to his knees, unwilling to believe someone as considerate, amiable, and hard-working as you had done so much just for him.
• KYOJURO realizes he's fallen for you when you take the time to tend to his and Senjuro's needs. The last time he and his beloved little brother had been taken care of was such a long time ago, likely when their mother was still alive and healthy. After their mother's passing, their father left them both on their own, drowning himself in some cheap sake he thought could help him. Well, it didn't, and it only made the Rengoku household more... tense. So, the day you randomly decide to check up on the Rengoku brothers, their hearts melt. Especially Kyojuro's, since you had also offered his brother some time and care. You're passionate, devoted, and altruistic — everything Kyojuro wants.
• TENGEN realizes he's fallen for you when your presence (let alone your name) can brighten up the entire Uzui household. To perceive even his wives have grown very fond of you, he can't help but smirk and proudly claim you as theirs, victorious of all the other suitors who had hoped to be with you. The four resemble teenagers in love, somehow always blushing and giggling giddily when you're around or when they hear about you. Let's just say you have quite the effect on them and that your fun-loving, ambitious, and big-hearted person has gotten the heart(s) of Tengen (and his wives).
• GIYU realizes he's fallen for you when he has the sudden urge to protect you from everything and anything. He knows how cruel and merciless this world is, and he most definitely knows he can't afford to lose you. He honestly doesn't remember when you earned all of his love and care, but he's more than willing to let you have it, knowing you hold his heart in your palm. After loads of determination and effort, he let you in. It was far from being an easy task, but what he deems harder now is letting you go. Giyu keeps on telling himself he's not enough for you — but your hard-working, brave, and reassuring self never fails to remind him how perfect he is, and that never fails to warm his heart.
• SHINOBU realizes she's fallen for you when you accept her revenge plan on upper moon two. Her method is quite radical, and as her lover, she would have expected you to be fully against it. You were and are, but ended up tolerating it in the end, accepting her desire for revenge she's been longing for. Chances are high you'll mourn and miss her tremendously — however, is it better to spend the last remaining moments you have with her fighting or loving? Shinobu herself prefers to relish your presence peacefully, knowing she'll never find such an empathetic, mature, and trustworthy person as yourself again.