They are putting their thumb on the scales with outright lies now.
PLEASE HELP WITH THE BLOCKBERRYBOYCOTT.
ChuuJustice is a team of Orbits hoping to start a boycott of BBC in protest of the wrongful removal of Chuu. Our hope is to push BBC into treating their artists with respect and to have them admit their wrongful actions against their artists. Twitter will be the main source of information on this effort.
It is a well known fact that BBC mistreats their workers and their artists. Loona has been overworked and underpaid for YEARS now. This needs to stop. As this is in the wake of CHUUs wrongful termination, it is also important that we (orbits and other fans) push for BBC to either provide evidence of Chuus "abusive behaviour" OR admit to defamation. The hashtags we've settled on are #BlockBerryBoycott and #LoonaIsTwelve.
We have a discord server dedicated to working on this. In said discord there are roles connected to what each member will be working on. Our teams subdivisions include:
- Chuu Mistreatment Archive (an archive of all mistreatment BBC has committed against Chuu since the beginning of her connections with the company, to her wrongful termination.)
- General Mistreatment Archive (an archive of all mistreatment BBC has committed against ALL employees, including (but not limited to) the rest of LOONA, stylists, choreographers, trainees, etc.)
- Korean Labour Laws/Legal team (gathering evidence to prove BBC has committed crimes against their workers, such as human rights violations and defamation. THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE PURSUING LEGAL ACTION. We at ChuuJustice recognise that there are people handling this behind the scenes. Our goal is to obtain as much information as possible so that we can provide comprehensive information about exactly what BBC has done wrong and why they need to be boycotted.)
- Content Creation (creation of articles and graphics such as the ones at the end of this post)
- Outreach and Networking (connecting with as many other people as possible, preferably those with large platforms so our message is further spread)
- Translators (we already have translators for: Indonesian, Spanish, French, Arabic. Any other translators would be wonderful. We want the boycott to be accessible to everyone willing to help.)
ABOUT MISTREATMENT: mistreatment is a broad term, to narrow it down we are focusing on the overworking, underpaying, harsh diets (starvation), lack of proper promotion, etc.
We are hoping for many orbits to participate. We are working on a list of demands, we have a drafted version that we would like to be workshopped. We have discussed our list extensively, but any advice and input from participating orbits is welcomed.
We are trying to get as much traction as possible. Orbits have discussed boycotting for years, and yet nothing has been done. We are tired of waiting, if we want change to come we must respond accordingly. Please help us help LOONA and Chuu.
PLEASE NOTE we have already reached our goal of receiving a video from DOYOURAM. please refrain from further emails. Our graphics will be updated with time. Furthermore, it is suggested that you delete SSLO entirely. You CAN save your account and progress. Please do so.
Please DM/send an ask if you have ANY questions.
Doctor Who TARDIS centre console parts // black moulded fibre glass panels with red controls
(Probably used as the Rani's Tardis control panel in the 1993 30th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who 'Adventures in Time', broadcast in 3D as part of that year's 'Children in Need')
Seeing 'liberal' UK media return to its incessant anti-trans campaign yet again is seriously stressing me out, but above all I just can't understand why they do it. The Guardian promotes itself as some bastion against the Tories and conservatism in its adverts and subscription campaigns, with the idea that it 'holds them to account', yet it publishes multiple articles/opinions a day pushing terf rhetoric about 'protecting women and girls' along with other plausibly-deniable transphobia - things that the right-wing also pushes.
Same with the BBC, which a few years ago was targeted by conservatives as being 'left-wing biased' and is now using the same underhanded tricks as tabloids to push transphobia with the same plausible deniability: those tweets about the Brain of Britain finalists being the most egregious example.
I just cannot understand why these institutions - one that claims to be fightingagaknst conservatism, and one that is built on the idea of unbiased reporting - are spending so much time and effort attacking trans people, when it goes against everything they claim to stand for.
Watch "The Secret Life of the Sewing Machine - Remastered" on YouTube
This is so cute and awesome!
Cabin Pressure fans- A TRES IMPORTANTE question:
For my project I have to come up with 2d game- and I can't still decide on a concept but I want to make it Cabin Pressure themed- like I don't know, a bear polar collecting Eggwhisks sort of a game